An Interview With Gladys Doris Dave

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gladys is the founder and voice behind Doris Dave, a personal style blog where she posts about her travels, outfits and other life happenings. The blog was started back in 2011 as a bit of fun but now with over 1000 followers (Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin' combined) and over 5000 on LookBook, to say her blog has been a success would be an understatement. Gladys is a Belgian/Filipino/german, graphic design student based in Ghent in Belgium and she was kind enough to answer some questions and give us an insight into the life of a personal style blogger...

What made you want to start a blog?

I started blogging when I was in high school, it wasn't anything serious. Just a blog with bits and bobs about life that I shared with friends. But in the summer before my first year of college, I travelled to Stockholm with a friend. And this city just changed my view of fashion and creativity. During that time, I was following tons of other fashion and personal style bloggers. That triggered me to create my own too!

Is there a particular person, era or thing that inspires your style? 

My school and my friends are the ones that inspire me the most.

What will be your three key wardrobe pieces for Autumn 2014?

Oversized coats, fedora hats and chunky oversized sweaters! 

Vintage or high-street- which do you prefer and why?

Both! I think it's a great way to mix and match. A vintage piece is perfect and most unique, so you won't see others wearing the same thing!

Which are your three favourite outfits from your blog? 



When you're not blogging, what do you like to do in your spare time?

Probably messing around with Indesign, Illustrator or Photoshop with some rap playing in the background. Besides that, I like to hang out in cafes and pubs with friends!

What's your favourite fashion magazine?

I don't particularly have a favourite. Here are some of the ones I like: ELLE, Purple Fashion Magazine, Dazed & Confused, Wonderland magazine...

Has blogging given you any exciting opportunities?

Yes! Loads of new adventures! It has given me the opportunity to work on different projects, like YSL Black Opium (more soon on the blog), Ghentstreets (www.ghentstreets.com)..., but also meeting other creative people!

Who is your target reader for your blog?

People that are interested in fashion and art.

And finally, what advice would you give to would-be bloggers?

Create a clean theme, take quality pictures, write about what you love, be consistent, socialize... and have fun with it!
You can check out Gladys's blog here where you can browse through her blog archive and find all the links to her other social networks too. What did you think of this post? More interviews in the future on this blog I'm thinking!

videos